192.168.1.1 or 192.168.l.l is IP address for most of the routers or ADSL modems to be used as default gateway. It is also called a host address. IP address stands for internet protocol address. IP address is a numerical label has been assigned to every device that stays connected to internet network through it.
You certainly need to know some important instructions that allow you to access the router through 192.168.1.1. It lets you change the configuration and setting provided by your router. To bring about the changes above-mentioned, you have to follow the following easy steps one by one; they will not only make your task easy but also help you learn it properly.
How to Login to 192.168.1.1?
Follow the steps given below to login to 192.168.1.1:
- The first step is quite simple to note; you just write http://192.168.1.1 on your browser.
- In case you find an error in this regard; you must understand that it is not your router’s address. You need to know which router’s address is yours. (How to find your router address is given in paragraph below these instructions).
- Once you know about your router’s address, simply write on your browser address.
- The browser will process the given information and you will be directed to the login panel.
- Having access to the login panel you introduce the user name and password.
- Suppose you have forgotten to user name and password; you need to know how to recover the user name and password. (You can learn it in the ending part of this article)
- Having entered the user name and password; you are at ease to change the internet setting as per your choice.
How to find your router’s IP address?
Sometimes it so happens you cannot enter the login panel with the 192.168.1.1 IP address; as it has already been described that you first try to enter with the above-mentioned IP address that is commonly used by most of the router or ADSL modems.
If you fail with the above-mentioned IP address; you need to know which the IP address of your router or modem is. Just click the link router’s IP address to find out which the IP address of your router or modem is. The link contains the IP addresses and default passwords of multiple routers and modems.
How to recover the user name and password of your router?
Sometimes, the user forgets the username or the password of their router due to the reason they have changed the username and the password long ago.
It is, therefore, necessary to note the user name and password somewhere you think is quite safe to be recovered at the time of need.
You need not worry about it, the solution to your problem is quite easy. Just follow the following steps:
- You have forgotten the user name and the password you set long ago, you need to login to your router panel, follow the steps:
1. Turn the modem or router upside down
2. You certainly find the default user name and password of the router
3. It is also called the default user name and password. Note it down.
- Look for the reset button on the router or modem; reset button is found at different places in different routers and modems.
- Having found the reset button, you need to press it around 10 to 30 seconds; the new modems take 10 seconds but the old ones take 30 seconds.
- In the meantime, you will notice whether or not the power led blinks. The blinking power led indicates that the process of resetting is going on.
- Having pressed the button for around 10 to 30 seconds; you will unplug the power adapter. Re-plug it again; your user name and password are back at factory setting. You can use them for advanced process.
If you still need help accessing your Router IP address (192.168.1.1), try searching for most common issues.