The IP address “192.168.0.1” like many other IP addresses is the router’s default IP address of too many routers and modems.
Sometimes, it so happens that a user wants to change the router’s logging into the configuration webpage. At the time of entering the user name and password, the user realizes that he has forgotten both the user name and the password he had set a long time ago.
How to login to 192.168.0.1?
The non-professional persons or the adults who do not know how to operate the devices like modem or router think it difficult to set the router’s user name and password.
The computer technicians charge a heavy fee for this minor task. Having learned the following easy steps one can change the user name and password on the router.
Instructions to access 192.168.0.1
- You are required to enter 192.168.0.1 on the browser or go to http://192.168.0.1. Wait until the page opens and requires you to write the user name and password to log in.
- If your IP address shows error, it means; the IP address of your router is different from the IP address you have entered (learn How to find your IP address in the following paragraph to these instructions).
- Having found the accurate IP address of your router; you enter it in the browser to open the configuration page.
- The page is opened however you have to enter the user name and password to log in.
- All of sudden you do remember that you had set the router user name and password long ago. You have forgotten it.
- What to do is the question in your mind. You have an option to reset the router to its default factory setting. (You can learn how to reset the router to its default factory setting in the ending part of this article).
- Having entered the user name and password you login to the configuration web page.
- Here, you make the appropriate changes as per your choice.
How to Find the Router’s IP Address?
You have previously tried to enter the IP address 192.168.0.1 in the browser; however, it did not prove to be your router’s IP address.
- You are in trouble now and you want to find out the accurate IP address of your router. You need to click the link “Your router IP”. Having opened the page you go down to find the list of routers and the IPs.
- Select the one and apply it again on the browser; you will certainly be able to open the configuration page.
- The page is opened nevertheless you are required of entering the user name and password of your router to log in.
- You once again go under a shocking situation; you had set the user name and password of your router long ago. You no longer remember them.
- What to do is the situation confronting you again.
How to recover the user name and Password of your router?
You are shocked to have lost both the user name and the password of your router. The configuration page is laid open in front of you; however, you are utterly helpless to login.
However, the solution to the problem lies in your hand. Once again you follow the instructions below to reset the user name and the password of your router.
- Find the reset button at the back side of your router; some routers have reset pin hidden in little hole you have to use a pin to use it. OK, you press the reset button for around 10 to 30 seconds.
- In the meantime, you are required to observe the led power light starts blinking; it is a sign that the resetting process is underway.
- Having pressed the reset button for the time above-mentioned, you unplug the power adapter.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Re-plug the power adapter; your router has been reset with the default factory user name and password. (commonly user name is “admin” and the password is” 1234”).
If you see error when logging in to 192.168.0.1. Then may be your router default IP address has changed or it may not be the one you’re trying. Go to Default Router IP address list to check your router default IP address.