Many users find it difficult to log in to the D-Link router in the beginning when they newly buy the router from the market. They want to enter the configuration page to bring about necessary changes, it is not a difficult process.
However, it is a technical task that needs proper steps to be taken one by one. The user can learn it from a technician or he can follow the instruction given on the booklet being delivered with the router device. Some of the easy steps let you log in to the configuration page for the setting change.
What are the steps to log in to the D-Link router?
Following are the steps to be taken one by one to login into the D-Link router:
- You just have to open the web browser to write http://dlinkrouter or you may enter the default IP address http://192.168.0.1.
- To login, the D-Link configuration page is easier than login to other routers.
- Having entered the default IP onto the browser; the configuration page is laid open before you.
- The D-link page demands user name which is “admin” and for your information; there is no password to login into D-Link.
- Once you have entered the page by writing the user name; you see many titles on the page carrying out different actions on a single click.
- You need not pay heed on others; you just click the setup at the top left corner of the page.
- Having pressed the setup button you enter the setup portion of the page.
- You are still away from your intended task. However, you are on the way to progress.
- On the setup page, you click the wireless setting on the left side of the page.
- Three options are laid open in front of you.
- You just click the manual wireless network setup.
- Your task is still under process; you scroll down the page to wireless security mode.
- Here, you have the option to set up your password.
Once the password has been set up, you save the changes and exit. Your password has been changed you may bring about other changes by login into the page again.