You want to login to the NetGear router; you simply have to follow a few of the steps in this regard. The steps taken rightly don’t let you feel any trouble to serve your particular purpose regarding router’s setting; changing the user name or password or any other change to be brought about on the configuration page.
To do it you need to know whether the router is working on its default factory setting or you have changed its setting long ago. Anyways, you will come to know about it very soon when you start the process to login to the router. Follow the steps given below to successfully do the entire process.
- You need to connect your device to the NetGear router.
- On your device, you will open a web browser to execute the required process.
- Enter the default IP address of the router; it is generally 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- You can apply both one after another to determine which is accurate fits to your router.
- If none of the two fails; your router is using another IP address.
- You can find it on the internet pages; there are hundreds of pages available on the net carrying NetGear router default IP.
- Having entered the accurate default IP of your router; you press the enter button.
- The configuration page will open in front of you; you just put the user name and password to execute the required setting on your router.
- You may forget the user name or password of your router; you may have forgotten both the user name and password. Sorry, you cannot enter the configuration setup.
- You need to worry; you are left with a single option. You reset your router to its default factory setting.
- It’s a short and interesting process to be done.
- At the back of your router lies the reset button for the reset process.
- Press the button for around 10 to 30 seconds. You will continue to watch the led power light blinking continuously.
- After 10 seconds you will unplug the power adapter; re-plug it again. Your router is back to its default factory setting.
- Use the common default user name and password. Enter the configuration page change setting. Save changes and exit.